|Terms of References
|Hiring of consultant individuals to provide lectures and facilitate sessions at the School of Entrepreneurship
|4 days (one day preparation and 3 day lecture on separate events)
|Last day for application
|20 May 2022
|Number of positions
|Up to (eleven) 11
USAID’s Up to Youth is a five-year positive youth development project working in Kosovo with youth 15 – 24 years of age. The project goal is to empower youth to make a positive impact on their communities and build youth resiliency to risky behaviors. The activity has three primary objectives:
- Objective 1: Mobilize Youth to be forces for positive change
- Objective 2: Develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth
- Objective 3: Develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
The current service falls under Objective 2, which seeks to equip youth with the necessary skills to engage in meaningful ways and play active roles in their municipal and/or national economy. Specifically, Up to Youth will organize the School of Enterpreneurship aiming to develop the necessary skills and competencies of youth to take concrete steps towards developing their business ideas.
The activity is focused for youth of 9 municipalities in Kosovo, which the Up to Youth project has divided into 3 operating clusters:
- Cluster 1: Hani I Elezit / Elez Han, Kaçanik / Kaćanik, Viti/Vitina
- Cluster 2: Mitrovicë South / Mitrovica South, Vushtrri / Vućitrn, Skenderaj / Srbica; and
- Cluster 3: Istog / Istok, Klinë / Klina, Gjakovë / Djakovica).
Objective of the assignment
The main objective of these terms of reference is the hiring of consultants / professionals to deliver school sessions in a form of training / workshop by LENs as a member of the Up to Youth Activity.
During 2022, Up to youth will organize three (3) Schools of Entreprenuership. The first two schools will be organized in July, and the last one during the month of August. Lectures/facilitators will be engaged with their lectures in all three schools, while the duration and content of the schools will be the same, but the participants will be different.
Scope of Work
Consultants will be lecturing / facilitating single and/or more topics at the school. Consultants may apply to lecture / facilitate for single and/or multiple topics, based on their expertise. Following topics arranged around three areas will be covered under this service contract:
Design thinking methodology
- Introduction to design thinking and problem tree,
- Research, empathy and problem definition and
- Idea generation and Business canvas model
From idea to planning a business
- Mission vision, pestel, objectives (smarttechniques)
- Generic Competing Strategies and situational analysis
- Value proposition and Creationg Networking and partnerships,
- Marketing and marketing plan + swot,
- Finances (budgeting and financial plans),
From Business Plan to Opportunities
- Business plan development components,
- Understanding business model forms and Access to finances and
NOTE: Each of the above area and topic will be delivered during each of the three Schools of Entrepreneurship. It is expected that the consultant will spend no more than 4 days of consultancy engagement for one topic for total three schools as per following:
- one day for the preparation of the lecturing / presentation based on Up to Youth curricula,
- three days for lecturing / facilitating during three schools of entrepreneurship (one day for one school and one topic, using the material prepared for the first school).
School implementation approach
The selected consultants will collaborate with LENS to develop effective teaching and learning approach, to provide youth with the most relevant information regarding each topic, while also helping them to reflect and use the information to refine their business ideas. The approach includes:
- Presentation of revelant information regarding the specific lecturing topic
- Facilitating the individual / team work in regard to their business ideas
Under the overall guidance of Lens and in close collaboration with the Up to Youth Objective 2 Team Lead, the consultants will provide the following services:
- Familiarize themselves with key program components and stakeholders of USAID/Kosovo’s Up to Youth activity through a review of key project documents.
- Prepare the outline of the school topics, which includes presentation, games and simulations, and individual / team work.
- Compile evaluation results of the sessions and provide specific recommendations to the Up to Youth team for follow-up of school participants who may attend in teams or individually.
- A detailed outline for the school topics / sessions, including presentation and group activities
- Provide reading and learning resources for youth
- Provide the training (physical/or online) on the specific dates that Up to Youth has organized the schools.
- Training delivery report, including evaluation results and recommendation for participants (individual or team)
Required Skills and Experience
- Adequate education and experience in entrepreneurship or in the private sector, experience working with youth preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial work experience in the private sector or in NGOs dealing with business development.
- Proven experience collaboration with USAID, the UN, or other international agencies is desirable;
- Knowledge of technical cooperation and development issues is an advantage; and,
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Albanian is required. Knowledge of Serbian desirable.
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Has previous experience in developing similar activities;
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
- Shares information and keeps project team informed;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and partners to achieve deliverables for assessment;
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed work deliverables for the assignment; identifies priority activities and allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; uses time efficiently;
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost, and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; and,
The Contracting authority selects the offer with the best value for money using an 80/20 weighing between technical quality and price. Evaluation will be based on the following grid:
|General professional experience and preparation
|Specific professional experience
|Best value for the fee
|Overall total score
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the criteria for the consultant position, have to send an email to ddemiri@KosovoUpToYouth.org with the subject “Up to Youth School of Entrepreneurship – Your name”, and include in the email the following documents:
- CV; and
- Proposed training topic and financial fee.
(For selected candidates the financial fee shall be covered with a track record of previous experience on similar activities.)